Cherepovets is the city for business:
- Cherepovets is a large industrial center of North-West of Russia which is situated at the intersection of all types of transportation routes: federal highways, railways, air corridor from Europe to Asia (international airport) and Volga-Baltic Route. The city is evenly spaced from Moscow and St.-Petersburg (about 500 km).
- The area of Cherepovets is 122 sq. km, there are a large number of promising investment sites in the city.
- The population is 319 thousand people, the activity rate of which is about 60%.
- Aside from "Severstal" – one of the global leaders of iron and steel industry – there are assets of «PhosAgro - Cherepovets» - one of the leading global producers of phosphate fertilizers – located here. There are enterprises of wood processing, metalworking, food, consumer goods production and machine-building complex.
- The volume of investment in fixed capital of large and medium enterprises is being constantly increased. There are over 20 thousand small and medium-sized enterprises in the city and counting.
- The city is interested in creating a comfortable living and business environment for citizens and guests of the city, therefore the support of investors is one of the main tasks.
- The Mayor’s office and PAO "Severstal" created the specialized institutes – the autonomous non-commercial organization "Investment agency "Cherepovets" and non-commercial partnership "Urban Development Agency" – to develop and support business in the city.
Cherepovets is a growing and developing city:
In 2016 the team of the mono-city Cherepovets headed by the mayor Yuri Aleksandrovich Kuzin took part in an educational program of the Mono-city development fund in Skolkovo as a result of which the program «Cherepovets is a growing and developing city» appeared. The main emphasis was made on 2 key directions of this program – moving away from mono-dependence by means of forming a new economics with an increasing role of SME sector as well as creating most comfortable conditions of urban environment for citizens and guests of the city.
The activity of urban institutions on end-to-end business support, organization of sites with necessary infrastructure, new forms of support development and search are tools for implementation of part of the program on new economy creation.